With an ever growing foundation of health professionals desiring and willing to become certified in the Kinesio Taping® Method, the Kinesio Taping Association International (KTAI) has designed a certification process that will allow dedicated practitioners to earn their designation as a Certified Kinesio Taping Practitioner (CKTP®).
Requirements to become CKTP:
- Complete KT1/2 and KT3 Approved Seminars
- CKTP Certification Mark License Agreement
- Pass CKTP Exam with 80% or higher
- Maintain KTAI annual membership
Benefits of becoming a CKTP:
- You may add the designation of CKTP to your business card and letterhead.
- Eligible to assist at approved Kinesio Taping® Seminars as a lab assistant. Please email Christina Schell at firstname.lastname@example.org with your full contact information.
- Optional recognition and listing by name/location on KTAI website for patient referral. (CKTP Elite members only)
- Eligible to submit case studies/research for annual U.S. and International Kinesio Taping Symposiums.
- Eligible to submit articles of interest to quarterly publication, Advance Healing.
- Eligible to apply to become a Certified Kinesio Taping Instructor (CKTI) when the instructor certification program is offered. (typically in cycles of 3 years). *KTAI has a selection process and educational requirements to become a CKTI, please contact KTAI for further details.
The CKTP Certification Mark License Agreement goes hand in hand with certification and membership. It was implemented to protect the valuable and hard-earned "CKTP" credentials of our practitioners and to ensure they are only used by Kinesio-certified practitioners. It also is to provide those practitioners with the ability to promote their clinics, their practice, and their expertise in the Kinesio Taping Method.
As the certifying organization, the KTAI is obligated to maintain a continued relationship with all of our certified practitioners. With no annual recertification requirement at this time, this is achieved through the membership system. A membership with the KTAI allows us to continue to update practitioners with the latest news, advancements and research relating to the Kinesio Taping Method via our Advance Healing magazine, the online Application Database, Ask the Expert Forum, and our member newsletters.
KTAI Professional Standards
KTAI has the right to refuse applicant if requirements for CKTP are not met. KTAI is constantly improving the Education System therefore the CKTP process may be subject to change and current CKTPs may be required to follow updated standards to maintain CKTP status.
STEP 1: Accessing the Exam System
- Go to www.kinesiotaping.com
- Click on the 'MEMBERSHIP' tab on the upper right side of the screen.
- Enter your login information (Email and Password) on the right side of the screen and click "Login". The username and password given to you in class is to access the research database (separate login), not to take the exam.
- Click the Exams link
- You will be redirected to the Kinesio Learning screen
STEP 2: Apply for the Exam
- Click 'Certification'
- Next screen will show CKTP exam and a 'Buy Course' option
- After clicking 'Buy Course' you will be shown the CKTP Certification Mark License Agreement
- After selecting 'I Agree' you will be redirected to the payment page
- Enter payment information
- Now you will have access to the exam
STEP 3: Take the Exam
- You have three (3) hours to complete all questions using the tab system
- DO NOT CLICK 'SUBMIT' UNTIL YOU ARE SURE YOUR EXAM IS COMPLETE
- Your final grade will be shown onscreen after submission
- If you do not receive a passing grade of 80% or higher, you are allowed one (1) free retake and this can also be accessed through your account
STEP 4: Membership
- After passing the exam, if you do not already have a current membership with the KTAI you will be required to register prior to being able to access your CKTP Certificate
STEP 5: Certification
- Congratulations, you are now a Certified Kinesio Taping Practitioner!
- You will be able to access your certificate online through your account
- KTAI will also mail a certificate to you