Certified Kinesio Taping Practitioner
With an ever growing foundation of health professionals wanting and willing to become certified in the Kinesio Taping® Method, The Kinesio Taping Association has designed a certification process that will allow dedicated practitioners to earn their designation as a Certified Kinesio Taping Practitioner (CKTP). Note: students must wait until graduation before they can apply to become CKTPs.
I have the book and supplies...why do I need certification?
This is a finesse technique and requires a lot of hands on training to understand the many applications. The books are good references, but not by any means a how-to manual. Certification assures that you have had the proper training and you can substantiate your charges. You have to be able to document that you have had the proper training to be able to bill a service, especially one that has a CPT code. Certification also helps protect you if any litigation happens as a result of your services.
- Attend and complete KTAI approved KT1, KT2, and KT3 level courses.
- After completion of the necessary courses, complete the CKTP Exam Request Form.
- All exams are handled online. Once The KTAI has received the information needed, you will then receive via email instructions for taking the online exam.
- If you fail to receive a passing grade of 80% or above, you must request a retake. This is not automatic. Your one free retake will only be available 30 days from the time your email is received.
- As of January 2011, the KTAI has introduced a CKTP Certification Mark License Agreement which is a requirement to be recognized as a CKTP. As part of this agreement, a current membership to the KTAI is required.
Benefits of becoming a CKTP:
- You may add the designation of CKTP to your business card and letterhead.
- Eligible to assist at approves Kinesio Taping Seminars as a lab assistant. Please email Christina Schell at email@example.com with your full contact information.
- Eligible to apply to become a Certified Kinesio Taping Instructor (CKTI) when the instructor certification program is offered (typically in cycles of 3 years).
- Option of being recognized and listed by name and location on the Kinesio website for patient referral. (CKTP Elite membership is required)
- Eligible to submit case studies/research for annual US and International Kinesio Taping Symposiums.
- Eligible to submit articles of interest to quarterly publication Advance Healing.
|Levels of Certification|
|KTA Level 1 (Completion of presentation/training course or interactive online/home
KTA Level 3 (Completion of KT1, KT2 & KT3):
KTA Level 2 (Completion of KT1 & KT2):
||KTA Level 4 (Completion of KT1, KT2, KT3, & KT4 Instructor Course): ** Kinesio Taping Association held an Instructor's seminar in February of 2010 for the first time since October 2005. As our current roster of instructors meets our needs at this time, we do not anticipate adding more instructors and are not planning any future instructor's seminars. If a seminar becomes available, all CKTP's will be notified.|